Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

The Daily Joke

A Laughable Christmas Present
Review by The Mole

"The Daily Joke"?  Who can pick a joke book up and read just one? Well, not me and that's for sure!

A Present from my teenage daughter designed to raise a little smile all year round. What it did was create a BIG smile for several days as I kept dipping into it and reading many of them (my favourites) out while she was trying to do other things.

As I kept "dipping in" I kept finding delicious pockets of humour that I had previously missed and so it took several days to finish, however I still keep picking it up for my favourites.

Of the 365 jokes, some are humorous quotes, some old favourites retold and a lot were very new to me. There are just a few I wouldn't read out in front of small children, but I am a bit of a prude.

"Englishman, Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar and the barman says...'Is this some kind of a joke?'".

I am intrigued by the 'Pencil Rest' in the corner as this is printed  on each page across the centre and so seems totally inappropriate for a pad to leave by the telephone... perhaps a 366th joke?

Purchased from one of the Next stores it appears not to be for sale anywhere now, so if you didn't find one in your stocking then you may be out of luck... maybe I'll share mine with you...

Genre-Adult, Non-Fiction, Humour


No comments:

Post a Comment